Afternoon Cookery Classes begin at 2PM, however please try to be at cookery school for 1:45PM.
Guests will get a copy of all recipes and tastings of all dishes at the end of the demonstration. Please note you will be joining our main student body for this demonstration.
Details of Recipes to be demonstrated are published approximately 2 weeks in Advance.
Join us for this exceptional course celebrating the shortest possible time from Farm to Fork. September is the perfect time of year to enjoy wonderful produce from our glasshouses and outdoor vegetable productions areas.
We will also show you what to do with wonderful free range and organic meat from our own and other local farms.
We will show you how to use all this fabulous produce to its full and give you the chance to sample all the wonderful delights we make.
What you’ll learn
• Great recipes for you to use to make the most of the freshest ingredients
• Tips for forward finding and buying the best produce.
• How to create a visual feast with simple presentation tips
• A tour of the organic farm, gardens, dairy and greenhouses, which provide much of the seasonal produce you’ll be cooking with
• Three demonstration sessions, showing how dishes are prepared from scratch, with overhead mirrors and two monitors showing close-up handiwork. Teachers share a wealth of knowledge through their expert tips and techniques. Students can ask questions and have the opportunity to taste the dishes prepared at the end of the sessions
• Two practical, hands-on sessions in the kitchens, where you can cook 2-4 dishes from each demonstration. With a high teacher to student ratio of 1:6, there’s plenty of support and guidance while you master the recipes, learn to make the most of your ingredients and gain a deeper learning experience. Let your teacher know if there are specific techniques you’d like to master, as seen in the demonstrations
Good to know
• Breakfast and lunch included; eat alongside fellow students, our teachers and gardeners
• Often you’re able to watch the cows being milked, the sourdough loaves being made and gather produce for the days cooking with the gardeners
• A pack of the recipes will be provided for your ongoing reference
• Accommodation available within our grounds and close by
• There’s plenty to do and explore in the area.
The prestigious Ballymaloe 12 WeekCertificate Course is run three times a year, with courses beginning in January,April or May, and September.
The course is aimed at anyone with a passionate interest in food. Many of our students use the course as a springboard to become a professional chef; others use it to equip themselves with a marketable skill.
Others still take the course simply to maximize the pleasure they get from cooking at home.
Students develop a deep and detailed understanding of food and how it is produced. The emphasis is on recognising the best ingredients and knowing how to showcase them.