Monday, June 12, 2023
Monday, June 12, 2023
Afternoon Cookery Classes begin at 2PM, however please try to be at cookery school for 1:45PM.
Guests will get a copy of all recipes and tastings of all dishes at the end of the demonstration. Please note you will be joining our main student body for this demonstration.
Details of Recipes to be demonstrated are published approximately 2 weeks in Advance.
Our exciting Just Cook It half day practical courses have become very popular. This is a great course to come and learn some practical skills and have great fun for an afternon. This course gives you a tantalising taste of the Ballymaloe Cookery School and provides inspiration for anyone eager to cook a variety of seasonal dishes with greater confidence.
Arrive to the school for a nice refreshing cup of tea or coffee and some homemade treats, then (weather permitting) we will take you out for a short walk around our extensive formal gardens and fertile production areas so you can see where many of your ingredients were grown.
Then it is back to the cookery school for a short demonstraion with one of our lecturers to see how to make all the recipes. After this, put on your Apron and into the kitchens where with the help of our Tutors and your fellow class mates, you will cook many of the items you saw being demonstrated. You will be involved in the preperation of the recipes and have time for questions with your tutor.
When everything is ready, it is time to come into the dining room where everyone sits down together to the dinner you and your class mates have prepared.
Feedback from Previous Students on this course
“This was a wonderful experience for the four of us. We haven't stopped smiling as we loved everything about the afternoon. We have bought a smoker so will be making hot oak smoked salmon this weekend. Can't wait! Thank you so much, we will be coming back.”
“Absolutely fabulous experience. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming and the staff showed great knowledge of food, nutrition skills and dishes. The Cookery School has a warm homely feel and is a thoroughly enjoyable experience regardless of cooking ability.”
What you’ll learn
• Great recipes to expand your repertoire, including bread, starters, salads, dressings, mains and puddings
• A variety of essential techniques you’ll use again and again
• Tips for forward planning and saving time
• A tour of the organic farm, gardens, dairy and greenhouses, which provide much of the seasonal produce you’ll be cooking with. Make sure you are wearing proper shoes
• A short demonstration of the essential techniques to get you started, with your teacher sharing a wealth of knowledge through their expert tips
• A practical, fun and hands-on session in the kitchen. Ingredients are ready for you to prep and there’s plenty of support and guidance while you master the recipes, learn to make the most of your ingredients and gain a deeper learning experience
• A relaxed informal dinner where you’ll enjoy the fruits of your labour
Good to know
The prestigious Ballymaloe 12 WeekCertificate Course is run three times a year, with courses beginning in January,April or May, and September.
The course is aimed at anyone with a passionate interest in food. Many of our students use the course as a springboard to become a professional chef; others use it to equip themselves with a marketable skill.
Others still take the course simply to maximize the pleasure they get from cooking at home.
Students develop a deep and detailed understanding of food and how it is produced. The emphasis is on recognising the best ingredients and knowing how to showcase them.